Monday, February 16, 2009

Can I Take Your Order?

After 2 weeks of job hunting, I'm unfortunately, still unemployed. My bank account is steadily decreasing and my phone isn't ringing. What am I doing wrong? Well, nothing, I hope.
This silly economic recession that I brushed aside until I found myself unemployed has prompted me to make a return to my former career of choice... yup, I'm going to be a waitress once again. Actually, I shouldn't say that, considering I have only begun applying to restaurants and there is a chance that maybe they are drastically slowing down hiring as well. However, I have the neccessary experience and open availability, so I just might find myself employed soon. Why do I dislike waitressing? Well, in Australia, I loved it. Spend the day at the beach, work all night, meet great people. It's different at home though. My friends and family all work days where as I'd more than likely find myself working nights and there goes my social life that is already nearly non-existent. Not to mention, not having weekends off would be quite tragic. The pay sucks. However you make up for that in tips. But tips are cash. I spend cash. I've been doing so well with eating healthy, but I know that's out the door as soon as I find better tasting options, primarily deep fried. Oh dear.
Sometimes you just gotta do, what you've gotta do.
My names Krysta, and I'll be your server today.

No comments: