Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Need A Job!

I'm trying so hard to keep on top of being optimistic. That's who I am. Things can be going horribly wrong, but I'll still put a happy face and love life, because things are never THAT bad.
Lately it's been a bit harder to keep a positive attitude. I'm trying, I really am, but I have so many bills that I need to pay, I'd do anything to move out of my mom's house, and I can't find a job. I've been looking, trust me. I've applied to every position that I'm qualified for, and all I can do is wait until somebody calls back. I hate this waiting game. Still no word from Emirates either. I'm trying to not think about that, at all, but that one email is going to change my life... whether it's good news or bad. If it's good news, then I'm hired. I'll have landed my dream job, move away, pay off my debt and live happily ever after... or something like that. If it's bad news, then I'm back to square one. I need to find a job here in the meantime to save up enough for a damage deposit, and once I've done that I'm off to Calgary.... where I'll attempt to find something to pay the bills and save a little extra to jet away on weekends with my flight attendant husband.
It's not all bad. It's times like these that make you appreciate when times are good. It's not the first time I've struggled financially, and I'm almost sure it won't be the last. At least when the time comes that I do make enough money to live comfortably, I'll appreciate it so much more than I would have had I never had to stress over money, or how I'd pay the bills, or live off of 2 minute noodles for months.
It's just a rough patch, but with chocolate and a good attitude, I'm going to get through it.

No comments: